Rechercher dans ce blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Jeremy Martin Talks Return to Star Racing Yamaha - Racer X Online

pret.indah.link

Look, you were pretty clear about it all summer when you were battling Dylan Ferrandis. You also know because you raced for this team before. The bike is good. That had to be a factor with going back to Star.
[Laughs] Well, I thought about it quite a bit. GasGas/TLD did have a potential future deal there for me, maybe. Mitch [Payton, Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki] that was a one-year deal no matter what. So I’d be on a different chassis and manufacturer for next year no matter what. At Kawasaki, there would be no future for me in 2022. They’ve got AC, they’ve got Eli if he wants to keep going, and then they have [Austin] Forkner who has a guaranteed 450 deal if he can go and get ‘er done. So then I’d have to be looking for another manufacturer again for the next year. If I went to GasGas, I’d have to learn a whole new staff and everybody, a new bike, and I have to win to get a 450 deal. If I go to Star I have to win to potentially get a future 450 deal, too, but if I go there I get to work with people that know me, and who I worked with winning my past championships.

So a lot of this is just the comfort in the staff?
Absolutely. Even though we did have a rough patch a few years ago, I have to look at this from a business perspective. I’m like, “Dude, you have to win. Your ass is on the line.” I have what I used to have, I know it’s good, and now I can make something happen for my future.

I know you’re comfortable with some of the techs over there, but you were saying it without saying it all summer long. The Yamaha is fast.
Yeah, for sure. So I raced the GEICO bike, and Ziggy [Rick Zielffelder, Factory Connection co-owner] gave me maybe the best forks and the best overall suspension setups I’ve ever run. I thought I was pretty competitive. You look at the points, aside from Dylan, we waxed everyone else. The Factory Connection guys did as much as they could to make us competitive. But once I rode this Star bike, I was like, “Wow.” I remember how good it was when I left in 2016, but I didn’t expect it to be that much better.

So in the four years that has passed it’s gotten that much better.
Yes. For sure.

So Star Yamaha now has a 450 team. But they’re not saying you have a 450 deal for 2022. Just maybe there’s a chance for an opening if it goes well.
Yes.

The Link Lonk


December 02, 2020 at 03:33AM
https://ift.tt/2JuJ4lI

Jeremy Martin Talks Return to Star Racing Yamaha - Racer X Online

https://ift.tt/2ZqQevw
Yamaha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Honda: Marquez’s FP2 crash cost him Assen MotoGP podium shot - Motorsport.com, Edition: Global

pret.indah.link Marquez had a huge high-side during second practice at Assen last Friday and hurt his right ankle after a heavy impact wit...

Popular Posts