Rechercher dans ce blog

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Amy Yang Rebounds From Slow Start to Climb the Honda LPGA Leaderboard - LPGA

pret.indah.link

Amy Yang’s Honda LPGA Thailand title defense didn’t start the way she planned on Thursday. Four bogeys and a birdie in her first nine holes had her scrambling to find her way as she made the turn at +3 and towards the bottom of the leaderboard. After six birdies on the last nine holes, Yang closed with a 69, an improvement from the way the day started.

Yang only continued to chase the leaders with a bogey-free 65 on Friday and said she was trying to focus on the fundamentals while navigating the Old Course. “I started off a little bit off. My swing wasn't there, and I got to like couple unlucky breaks from bunkers. But I quickly like get out of it and I could focus on my swing better on the back nine,” said Yang on her sore start to her 11th appearance in Thailand. “You know, all I tried to do was just keep a lot of things simple. When I get on the green, read it, and just put a good stroke in it with a good speed. That's all about it, yeah.”

Yang felt she hit the ball solid on Friday, giving herself the chances she’s used to at Siam Country Club. Heading into this week, Yang had a scoring average of 67.8 in her last five starts in the Honda LPGA Thailand. She said she doesn’t want to put too much pressure on herself as she aims for her fourth victory at the event since 2015.

“I was just accept like what is going on and just try to like go back to simple things again, like not thinking about what has been past. Like so what I try to do is just keep swinging with good tempo and just be simple on the putting green,” said Yang. “Have a good momentum going on right now and I feel good about my game, so I really looking forward to play weekend.”

The Link Lonk


May 07, 2021 at 11:35PM
https://ift.tt/33oJn8b

Amy Yang Rebounds From Slow Start to Climb the Honda LPGA Leaderboard - LPGA

https://ift.tt/38hkzRl
Honda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Honda: Marquez’s FP2 crash cost him Assen MotoGP podium shot - Motorsport.com, Edition: Global

pret.indah.link Marquez had a huge high-side during second practice at Assen last Friday and hurt his right ankle after a heavy impact wit...

Popular Posts